This summer has been a fun one. However, I have done a few things/or a few things have happened to me that I should be ashamed/embarrassed to admit.
But I’m not.
It’s life. I’ve come to terms with it. It’s just who I am.
1. I found a hair. On my face.
A big, thick, white, curly hair coming out of my cheek. What the hell?
I’m 35 years old. I get it. Hair starts popping up in random places. I’ve expected it to happen…around my upper lip area, my nose or ears.
But a real whisker? Seriously? Am I a cat?!
No. Not happening. I pulled it out immediately, but don’t think I don’t check every single day for new ones. My husband and I don’t want our “whiskers” mating when we kiss.
2. How many Lemon bars can you eat in one day? So far, I’ve had 6. I started with nibbles off the edges of the pan. Then I caved and sliced off a bar. But I will still hungry. So I shaved off a half a bar. But I couldn’t just leave the half a bar all alone…so I ate it. Then the kids each wanted one, so I took one so they wouldn’t be eating alone. But the “one” I took may have been two combined due to its size. I have a problem. Send help. I can’t stop eating ALL the sugar!
3. I Pokémon hunt daily. Yes, I have the app. I downloaded it for my kids, initially. Then I became addicted. Now we have my husband take us around to Pokestops. My kids and I take Pokewalks every day. I’m learning more about Pokémon than I ever thought I wanted. However, I have completed my 10,000 steps each day, due to this app. Hatching those eggs takes a LOT of patience and movement. But I totally scored a Lapras out of it! Whoo-hoo!
4. At the beginning of summer, I had this rule for my kids: One hour of tech time per day. However, it’s August. Momma would just about do ANYTHING for some quiet time. I may have given them some “extra” tech time so I could nap. Like 4 hours extra…it was worth it.
5. There are days…full days, where I don’t actually get dressed for the day. At all. I will straight up wear the same pj pants all week. Takes the pressure off. No looking through the closet, wondering what I should wear. Plus, the laundry pile has been shrinking, which is really awesome. I may not smell that great, but my kids don’t care.
6. I’ve given up taking the kids out on summer expeditions. I’m so over it. We would prep for it, drive all the way out there, it would eventually get too hot, someone would complain, they would all argue and fight, I would yell, then we would come home super crabby and gross. No. Thank. You. Summer’s almost over. I quit.
7. I literally have nothing but time, yet I still can’t seem to get the housework done, make dinner and entertain the kids in the same day. Apparently, I have important things to do. Like, puzzles, reading my HUGE stack of library books, Pokewalks, sleeping in the afternoon and watching Secret Circle on Netflix (and being pissed all over again, once you realize it was only on for 1 season).
8. I’ve been letting things slide because it’s “summer” and “no one cares”. My kids rarely get bathed. It’s like once a week right now. Pretty sad, huh? There’s no actual bedtime. It’s just “when you start to annoy us, go to bed”. Declan actually complained that his toenails were getting too long the other day, (honestly, it wasn’t THAT bad) and brought me the clippers to fix them. Oops.
9. I just spent $60 at Goodwill. On what? Babysitters Club Books. Someone was getting rid of their collection, just when I happen to be building mine up! SCORE! I totally should be embarrassed about this but I’m SO NOT! I LOVE THESE BOOKS! Although, I’m really going to need another book shelf soon, just to store them all. I had no idea how many there really were.
I also have a list so I can cross out the ones I find. I happen to have a second list in my purse so I know what ones I still need. I just rewrote this list because my last one was too messy. I may have issues.
10. While were at it, I seem to have some sort of mental issue that makes me collect and hoard items. I have no other reason to want to collect each one, really. It just fills me with such joy. It’s not just the Babysitters Club books I’ve been collecting. I also have Garfield.
Which, by the way, has its own list.
Yes, I do actually read these books. My husband accepts me for who I am. So it’s all good.