First semester is officially DONE!!!! I took my last final yesterday morning and now I get two weeks off!
This is great! I totally need this break. I have been slowly wearing down as the months went by. I started out so great in September. I was super organized, got up early to shower and do my makeup and even packed some lunch. By the end of classes, I couldn’t remember when I showered last, I was wearing my pants on backwards (they were stretch ones, no one knew except me!), and slept on the couch for 3 nights because I fell asleep studying for finals.
Elf on the Shelf hasn’t moved in days. I’ve had so much caffeine lately, it’s not even having an effect anymore. And the other day I wore slippers to school as if they were shoes. Yes, I knew what I was doing. And no, I didn’t care…even after someone pointed it out to me.
I’m ready for this Christmas break. And just as a heads up, for family members and friends, this is going to be a serious break from life. Here’s what I have planned for my upcoming break:
- A movie with my children. Sing is coming out in theaters this Christmas and I plan on seeing it as soon as I can.
- Books. For pleasure. I plan on catching up on all my stupid romance novels that I haven’t had time to read the past few months. If you decide to bother me while reading, I will give you one chance to back away slowly before coming at you with the fingernails I haven’t had time to cut.
- Television. I have missed you TV. Dr. Who. Supernatural. All my wonderful shows I haven’t been able to watch yet, all just waiting for me. Yes, I’m coming and I plan on enjoying each and every single one of you. Probably in one giant marathon with a tray of cookies.
- Sleep. Oh sleep. Yes, you will get your chance too. Trust me. I may even reintroduce myself to naps again…
- My husband and children. You are on my list. I haven’t forgotten you either. I will spend some time with you all…whether you want it or not.
I can’t wait to start enjoying my break!
But first, I have to clean…oops. Forgot to add that to my list too. Damn. There’s always something.
And just to play a quick catch up, here’s my October/November/December photos:
This picture is of my kids. Dressed up for Christmas Caroling. I gave them all showers, styled them and even curled Morgan’s hair. For Christmas Caroling. That wasn’t going to happen for a week. I read the calendar wrong. Way to go.
Study time! This is what I’ve been doing with my time lately. BUT I get two weeks off!!!!
P.S. Have a GREAT Christmas and a Super Awesome New Year too! Hopefully, I’ll have some great pictures or funny stories to share before classes start again in January, but I’m going to try to relax as much as possible!